Asheville Fire Ant Control
Effective Methods for Eradicating These Insects
Fire ants are a common pest in North Carolina. They are a type of ant that has a reputation for being aggressive and venomous. While these insects may not be deadly, they can cause a great deal of discomfort if bitten. Fire ants are also known for their tendency to create mounds that can be a nuisance in yards, playgrounds, and other outdoor areas. If you have fire ants in your area, you may want to consider hiring a professional exterminator to get rid of them for you. At Summit Pest Solutions, we have over 17 years of experience in providing effective fire ant extermination services. Our licensed technicians are fully qualified to handle any size infestation, and we offer affordable rates to all of our customers in the Asheville area.
If you have a fire ant problem, call us today at (828) 471-4499 to get a free estimate for our extermination services.
Signs of Fire Ant Infestations
Fire ants are a common pest throughout the United States, but they are especially prevalent in the southern states. If you live in a warm climate, you may want to be on the lookout for these insects. Fire ants often build their mounds in areas where people spend a lot of time, such as in and around playgrounds, sports fields, and yards. If you see a suspicious mound in your yard, it is important to contact a professional exterminator as soon as possible.
Some of the most common signs that you have a fire ant infestation include:
1. Visible Mounds: Fire ants are known for constructing mounds of soil as their nests. These mounds can be small and inconspicuous or large and noticeable, depending on the size of the colony. The mounds are often dome-shaped and can be found in various outdoor locations such as lawns, gardens, and along sidewalks.
2. Aggressive Behavior: Fire ants are highly aggressive and territorial insects. If you inadvertently disturb their nest, you'll quickly notice their aggressive behavior as they swarm out to defend their territory. Their stings can be painful and cause irritation or allergic reactions in some individuals.
3. Visible Worker Ants: Fire ants have distinctive reddish-brown bodies, making them easily recognizable. If you notice numerous worker ants with this coloration around your property, it's a strong indication of an infestation. Worker ants are responsible for foraging, defending the colony, and building the mounds.
4. Multiple Mounds: Fire ant colonies can contain multiple mounds, often interconnected through an intricate network of tunnels. Finding multiple mounds in close proximity to one another suggests a more extensive infestation.
5. Stinging Sensations: If you're spending time outdoors and suddenly feel sharp, burning sensations on your skin, it's likely that you've encountered fire ants. Their stings are distinct and often feel like a fiery pinch, followed by an itchy, blister-like bump.
6. Swarming during Rainy Weather: Fire ants are more active during warm and rainy periods. If you notice an increased presence of fire ants after a rainstorm, it's because the rain can flood their nests, prompting them to swarm and search for dry ground.
7. Damage to Plants: Fire ants are omnivorous, and they may cause damage to plants by feeding on seeds, fruits, and young shoots. If you notice unexplained damage to your plants or trees, fire ants could be the culprit.
8. Electrical Equipment Issues: In some cases, fire ants can cause electrical equipment malfunctions. They are drawn to the warmth generated by electrical components and may establish nests within electrical boxes, leading to short circuits or equipment failures.
9. Visible Ant Trails: Fire ants establish trails as they forage for food. These trails can be seen as lines of ants moving to and from their nest. If you spot such ant trails, it's a clear sign of an infestation.
10. Spread of Bites: If multiple individuals in your household or those frequently visiting your property experience fire ant stings or bites, it's an indicator that fire ants are present and active in the vicinity.
Why Hire a Professional Exterminator?
Fire ants are a serious problem, but they are not impossible to eradicate. If you have a fire ant infestation, you may be tempted to try and get rid of them yourself. While you may be able to kill a few of the ants, a professional exterminator is likely to be much more effective at eradicating an entire colony. Our team at Summit Pest Solutions is highly trained, and we have more than 17 years of experience in providing effective fire ant extermination services. We can safely and effectively get rid of your fire ant infestation so you can enjoy your property again.
If you are still not sure if you should hire a professional exterminator, it may be helpful to consider some of the benefits that we offer our customers. By hiring a licensed professional, you can be sure that you are getting the most effective treatment available. We also offer detailed safety protocols and insurance to ensure that our methods are safe for both people and pets. We offer affordable rates to ensure that everyone can afford our services.
Another benefit of hiring a professional exterminator is that you will have peace of mind that your infestation is gone for good. If you try to get rid of your fire ant problem yourself, you may need to continue treating the colony multiple times until you have eradicated all of the ants. With a professional exterminator, you can be sure that your fire ants will be gone forever once we have completed our services.
If you are looking for a professional exterminator in the Asheville area, call Summit Pest Solutions today at (828) 471-4499.
Buddy is old-school with new technology. He really cares about people beyond the call of duty.
"I was in an emergency today and didn't have any help. He was in the neighborhood and offered to stop by and help me and did. Who does that nowadays?"- Kashmyra A.
I would recommend this company to my own family. They were a joy to work with.
"I was in the middle of getting estimates from 3 other companies for the moisture under the house. Summit not only came in with the most affordable estimate but it was the most thorough."- Kathy R.
Buddy is easy to talk to, patiently answered all of my questions, and explained what was going on.
"We have them come quarterly, have never had a problem reaching them, very reasonably priced, and no upselling."- Susan C.
No hassle, great work and professionalism!
"Very professional group! They are easy to work with and not noticeable when servicing the house."- Carson K.
I had a mouse that found it's way into my house and Buddy was able to capture it the first go round!
"They are well versed, experienced, friendly and trustworthy in terms of making you feel safe in their care and in your home."- Ellen S.
We have seen a dramatic decrease in bug activity around the office.
"I would highly recommend their service to anyone."- Andrew S.
Summit not only came in with the most affordable estimate, but it was the most thorough.
"I would recommend this company to my own family. They were a joy to work with."- Kathy R.
Summit Pest Solutions has been fantastic to work with.
"We talked to and got quotes from quite a few different companies when selecting our termite system. Summit came out as the best mix of professionalism, knowledge/experience, affordability, and customer service."- Victoria H.
Buddy and his staff are friendly, professional, communicative, and timely.
"They took the time before and after to explain problems and treatments and offer options regarding an infestation in a rental home."- Laura M.
Summit Pest and Buddy is as good as it gets when it comes to controlling any bugs you might have problems with!!
"Extremely professional and knowledgeable, you won’t regret hiring these guy!"- Andrew A.